11 december, 2011

Het tegengeluid

*******************************************
Een column naar mijn hart.

Yesterday, I decided that I'm finished with Apple products. You might think this is a trivial decision. But how wrong you are.
As it stands my life is dictated by and managed on three Apple devices;
1) iPhone 4 (£179)
2) MacBook Pro (£1,299)
3) iPad 2 (£399)

I'm definitely not an Apple fan-boy. But in my capacity as a thoroughly modern Mille, I tricked myself into thinking that these objects would somehow help mould me into the fabulously creative, new-media bell-end I once thought I should be.
That's the thing with Apple. It tells you that you're special, it tells you that by buying their products you are a creative and part of a buzzing community full of like-minded iPhone wielding creative types. It tells you that in order to achieve the dizzying heights of your own ambition, you need them.
Apple excites your imagination into creating a dream world in which their gadgets are central. Desperate to live this dream you happily hand over your cash in exchange for that shot at happiness. As soon as you do, of course, your world remains the same drab cycle of non-events as ever it was - the dream shattered, your self esteem in pieces.
Melodramatic? Some examples; lees verder
************************************************************

Geen opmerkingen: